Terms of Service
TERMS & CONDITIONS
MENTALYMPIANS SOCIAL NETWORK (MentaNet)
By using or accessing the Mentalympians Social Network (MentaNet), you agree to:
MentaNet is only for use by individuals who are at least 18 years of age. This site wishes to protect vulnerable minors from any potential harm and considers that initiatives specifically created for young people are better suited to the needs of this important population group; such as reachout.com. Other content on mentalympians.org is available to everyone online, including online users under 18 years of age.
- Sharing Your Content and Information
You own all of the content and information you post on MentaNet , and you can control how it is shared through your privacy and application settings. Furthermore, content placed on MentaNet is only accessible to registered members of MentaNet not to others online who are not members. In addition:
- For content covered by intellectual property rights, such as photos and videos ("IP Content"), you specifically grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP Content that you post on or in connection with MentaNet ("IP License"). This IP License ends when you delete your IP content or your account unless your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it.
- When you delete IP Content, you understand that removed content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but will not be available to others).
- When you use an application, your content and information is shared with the application. Your agreement with that application controls how the application can use, store, and transfer that content and information.
- When you publish content or information, it means that you are allowing MentaNet members to access and use that information, and to associate it with you (i.e., your name and profile picture if you choose to add such information).
We do our best to keep MentaNet safe, but we cannot guarantee it. We need your help to do that, which includes the following:
- You will not use MentaNet to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
- You will not post content that: is hateful, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
- You will not reproduce or redistribute any personally identifying information about any other MentaNet member without their prior written consent.
- You will not send or otherwise post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on MentaNet.
- You will not collect users' content or information, or otherwise access MentaNet , using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers).
- You will not engage in multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme, on MentaNet.
- You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
- You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
- You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
- You will not develop or operate a third-party application containing alcohol-related or other mature content (including advertisements) without appropriate age-based restrictions.
- You will not offer any contest, giveaway, or sweepstakes ("promotion") on MentaNet without our prior written consent.
- You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working of MentaNet, such as a denial of service attack.
- Registration and Account Security
MentaNet wishes to offer an inclusive online environment where individuals with mental health issues and those who are passionate about mental health are able to participate. We acknowledge that social prejudice and discrimination exists and that some people might be more likely to participate anonymously. Consequently, users are not required to provide their names for the purpose of registration. It is recommended that users who want to participate in MentaNet and are concerned about their privacy enter a pseudonym as their Profile Name (example: Australian5) and do not enter their first or surname on their account. At the same time, it is forbidden to use another person’s name for your account (example: George Bush). In addition, you make the following commitments to us relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:
- You will not provide any false personal information on MentaNet, or create an account for anyone other than yourself. [Note: MentaNet reserves the right to help individuals set up an account with their permission].
- You are 18 years or more. Your birth date is required as part of registration to establish eligibility but it will not be made public.
- You will not create more than one personal profile.
- If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.
- If you use your MentaNet account for your own commercial gain (such as selling your own products, books, courses, paintings, photographs, etc) you accept all liability for any damage caused by any the commercial activity, including defective products and damage to this site’s reputation.
- You will not sell your status update to an advertiser.
- You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
- You will not share your password, (or in the case of developers, your secret key), let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account. [Note: MentaNet reserves the right to help members with their account with their permission].
- You will not transfer your account (including any page or application you administer) to anyone without first getting our written permission.
- We reserve the right to remove or reclaim your selected Profile Name for your account if we believe such action is appropriate.
- Protecting Other’s Rights
We respect other people's rights, and expect users to do the same. Specifically, you agree that:
- You will not post content or take any action on MentaNet that infringes or violates someone else's rights or otherwise violates the law.
- We can remove any content or information you post on MentaNet if we believe that it violates these terms and conditions.
- If we determine that you have infringed other people's rights, we will disable your account when we determine such action to be appropriate.
- You will not make any commercial use of MentaNet without our prior written consent. If consent is granted, you will accept liability for any such commercial activity as addressed above in Section 5.5.
- We can change these terms and conditions if we provide you notice (by posting the change on the MentaNet site Terms and Conditions page).
You may also delete your account or disable your application at any time. If you violate the letter or spirit of these terms and conditions, or otherwise create risk or possible legal exposure for us, we can stop providing all or part of MentaNet to you. We will notify you by email or at the next time you attempt to access your account.
- You agree that you will resolve any claim, cause of action or dispute ("claim") you have with us arising out of or relating to these terms and conditions or use of MentaNet exclusively in a state or federal court located in the Australian Capital Territory. The laws of the Australian Capital Territory govern these terms and conditions Statement, and any claim that might arise between you and us. You agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Australian Capital Territory.
- If anyone brings a claim against us related to your actions, content or information on MentaNet, you will indemnify and hold us harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to such claim.
- You use MentaNet at your own risk. MentaNeywork is provided "AS IS" and to the extent possible by law, without any express or implied warranties. In particular but without limitation we do not warrant that MentaNet will be safe and secure. We are not responsible for the actions, content, information, or data of third parties and you release us and all directors, officers employees and agents from any claims and damages arising out of or in any way connected with any claim you have against third parties. We are not liable to you for any lost profits or any other indirect, incidental or consequential loss or damages however described in connection with these terms or conditions or your use of MentaNet.
- By “MentaNet” we mean the online social network features and services we make available, including (a) through our affiliated website at www.mentalympians.org.
- and any other MentaNet branded or co-branded websites (including sub-domains, international versions, widgets, and mobile versions); (b) our Platform; (c) plugins such as buttons, other similar offerings and (d) other media, software (such as a toolbar), devices, or networks now existing or later developed.
- By "Platform" we mean a set of APIs and services that enable others, including application developers and website operators, to retrieve data (not identifiable personal details of members) from MentaNet or provide data to us.
- By "information" we mean facts and other information about you, including actions you take.
- By "content" we mean anything you post on MentaNet that would not be included in the definition of "information."
- By "data" we mean content and information that third parties can retrieve from MentaNet or provide to MentaNet through Platform.
- By "post" we mean post on MentaNet or otherwise make available to us (such as by using an application).
- By "use" we mean use, copy, publicly perform or display, distribute, modify, translate, and create derivative works of.
- By "application" we mean any application or website that uses or accesses Platform, as well as anything else that receives or has received data from us. If you no longer access Platform but have not deleted all data from us, the term application will apply until you delete the data.
- These Terms and Conditions make up the entire agreement between the parties and MentaNet, and supersedes any prior agreements.
- If any part of these Terms and Conditions is found to be unenforceable, the remaining part will remain in full force and effect.
- If we fail to enforce any of these Terms and Conditions, that failure will not be considered a waiver.
- Any amendment to or waiver of these Terms and Conditions must be made in writing and signed by us.
- You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under these Terms and Conditions to anyone else without our consent.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions prevents us from complying with the law.
- You will comply with all applicable laws when using or accessing MentaNet.